A splat of all my blathering.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Step-up voltage transformers 

Last week I wanted to buy a device that would take my 110V outlet and allow me to plug in a 220V appliance. I wanted the device to be installed permanently in the wall so that I could use it frequently.

What I found is that I can't do this. First of all I couldn't find such a device anywhere. I also found out that putting such a device directly in the wall doesn't meet code. Apparently, the electric company doesn't like such things attached directly to the grid. The solution that I found was to buy a step-up voltage transformer.

While I was researching I found a couple interesting sites.

Posted at 4/19/2004 10:50:00 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?