<$BlogRSDURL$>

A splat of all my blathering.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Regular expressions and Star Trek 

I don't know what it is about regular expressions but I just love 'em.

Do you remember that episode of Star Trek TNG where Ryker brought back a game from Risa? It looked like one of those new personal computers that people wear on their heads (only this one shot rays of light into the wearer's eyes). Anyway, as you played the game you became addicted because it somehow tapped into the pleasure centers of the player's brain. (How much would you pay for a Game Cube that could give you an orgasm?) As you progressed to higher and higher levels of the game the amount of 'whatever it was that it gave you' increased. Each time a player completed a level they would get a pleasure reward.

That's exactly how I feel when I find a new regular expression. Kind of perverse huh? If you know what I mean then you might find the list of useful regex's maintained by Scott at 3 Leaf pleasuring.

Thanks for doing this Scott. (And sorry for bringing you in on this sorted fetish.)

Posted at 5/27/2004 10:52:00 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?